Thursday 27 June 2013

Termite Queen Vacancy

On the grounds that a picture paints a thousand words I thought I would post a couple of pictures I took today as the "termites eating my house" saga continues to unfold. Further investigation in the house today revealed a bigger problem than I had initially thought. After identifying a termite mound in the making just outside our front boundary fence we resorted to buying in the services of our local Termite Terminator. We now have what looks like a small crater by the fence which, on closer inspection , revealed a couple of large underground chambers where the termite queen lived. Our ever diligent security guard Benson brought the evidence of the recently killed queen over to me on a shovel to show the results of operation exterminate. The two pictures below will give you an idea of the size of this insect. We have also poured copious amounts of poison down the visible cracks in the floor in my house so I'm hoping that we are getting on top of the problem now. It will be interesting to see what has happened by the morning.




2 comments:

  1. A termite up close, eww! How many queen termites are there in your house? You would badly need to terminate them before your house comes crumbling down because of these parasites. I heard it would take a few months before you kill all the termites, and that's depend on how bad is the infestation. There are treatments that could kill them all faster, and that would cost more. But if I were you, I wouldn't wait long. Jeffrey @ BugManiacs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to say, it is dangerous!!! The limitless machine for producing millions of devils. Thanks God, you identified it and killed. :)

    termite baiting system

    ReplyDelete