Monday 18 February 2013

Pain in the neck

Today’s post will, I am afraid, be shorter than usual. It has been a very productive day today. We have found a well-qualified maths and physics teacher for our secondary school. He starts work tomorrow. I've managed to finish all the training materials for our first day of teacher training, which also starts tomorrow. It’s been such a productive day that I am now heading towards the advanced stages of having a pain in the neck.

I’m beginning to wish I had taken more interest in design, technology and ergonomics when I was at school. History will, I’m sure, bear witness to the debilitating effects of computers on people’s health. I have tried very hard to ensure that the eye, shoulder, posture equation works on my ‘work station’ set up over here but today, I am afraid, I have been defeated. A simple case of too much typing and proof reading has left me with a pain in my shoulder and a tendency for my head to tilt slightly to the left. More worrying are the definite crunching sounds that my neck makes when I try to move my head up, round and down as recommended by health and safety types. I think it’s time to call it a day and hope that sleep will iron out the wrinkles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment