Tuesday 3 July 2012

District Mocks

Apart from a flurry of activity first thing this morning making sure that we had enough desks and chairs for the visiting pupils I was pleasantly surprised by the district mock exams today. They did not end up causing as much disruption as I had feared. The only, minor, problem occurred at lunchtime when we had to serve the visiting officials their chicken dinner and looked like running out of suitable plates to serve their meal in. A quick scrounge round the visitors’ centre saved the day and I think the whole programme went off to the satisfaction of all involved. We should have it nailed down to a really slick operation for tomorrow. I am still unable to see the point in running exams in this fashion but there is really no point losing sleep over it as there is nothing we can do about it.  Our pupils seemed confident enough after it was all over.

The water situation is still not resolved. The service engineer should be here tomorrow, according to my latest information. I hope so as we have had no rain today. The timing of the rains is always critical out here in Kenya. I think we may be at the turning point when rainfall becomes less frequent. Good for ripening crops, charging solar batteries and tourism. Bad for keeping clean and feeding the five thousand if the borehole isn’t fixed soon.

I would, again, be grateful to anybody who is up for praying for my wife Judi. Assuming no more delays because of low blood counts she is just over half way through her chemotherapy treatment now. She is trying hard to stick to her normal routine but I know it is very challenging some days. When I last heard from her she said she was feeling well. I pray that she manages to stay that way until her next chemo treatment on July 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment