Saturday 28 July 2012

The 8th Habit

I’m reading a book by Stephen Covey at the moment called “The 8th Habit”. It’s part of my preparation for our forthcoming training days. I admire Stephen Covey. His writing is both wise and accessible. In particular I enjoy his selection of illustrations. I though I’d share two of them, as they seem especially pertinent to our situation.

There are so many gifts
Still unopened from your birthday
There are so many hand-crafted presents
That have been sent to you by God
The Beloved does not mind repeating
“Everything I have is also yours”
There are so many gifts, my dear
Still unopened from your birthday
Hafiz

And

All children are born geniuses; 9,999 out of every 10,000 are swiftly, inadvertently, degeniusized by grownups.
Buckminster Fuller

We would really like to get into the business of unwrapping presents and encouraging genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment