Friday 13 July 2012

Kisumu

It’s nearly midnight and I’m in Kisumu. It’s been a long day. We got off to an early start today to make sure that our visitors Pete and Alex were I Kisumu in plenty of time to catch their flight from Kisumu to Nairobi and from there home. My daughter Ellie and her boyfriend Andy arrived in Kisumu, (eventually), this evening and we will be travelling back to Kosele together tomorrow.

It’s great having Ellie her but not so good that Judi has had to stay at home because of her ongoing cancer treatment. Judi was supposed to be coming on the trip with Ellie and I know she must have had a tougher day than usual today as she was really looking forward to being in Kenya again. To top it all off her chemotherapy was delayed on yesterday due to a low blood count so she will have to wait until least Monday before she can carry on with the treatment. Prayers for Judi’s health and happiness would be much appreciated.

As it’s late I’m heading for bed. I’m hoping that I’m tired enough to sleep in spite of the rousing live music event that has just started very close to my room. I had hoped to get away with a quiet night tonight. The communal howl by the local dogs was mercifully short lived tonight but it sounds like the party is only just getting going outside. 

I guess Friday night is Friday night the world over.

No comments:

Post a Comment